Evaluating Progress on Resolutions & Goals
On Tuesday, I asked you all to consider your resolutions for 2011 or any other goals you have set for yourself recently. Are you making the progress you should? Do you need to make some adjustments?
I took a look back at the resolutions we set for Girlyfight back in January:
- create a community where women can come for networking and support
- provide resources to help community members accomplish their goals, whether small or large, personal or global, or anything in-between
- plan projects that will make a difference in our local and global communities
- encourage and inspire community members to keep fighting for what is right and good
In reviewing our performance, I think we’ve tried hard to honor sticking to our mission and to these goals. Our February Love Unlimited campaign went very well and I was pleased with participation and feedback. But since then, lack of consistency has been hindering the site. It’s not easy running a two-person operation when life interferes and inspiration is hard to come by.
Still, we do want to work to achieve these goals. Probably the best way to achieve this is to make more specific commitments in the following areas:
- consistent posting schedule
- focus on storing up posts for a rainy day
- devote additional time to promotion
- *encourage more community participation and ideas (this one is key)
I have some specific plans in mind for making some of these things happen but I’m always very open to feedback because this site is supposed to be tool for you. After the Summer of Me, there are already ideas in the works for Fall and the holidays. Feel free to share any suggestions!
And now, I’m going to let you in on a little secret – I’m at a very interesting juncture in my own life so these exercises are every bit as much for me as they are for you. I’ll be sharing some of my own insights as we go along.
At the beginning of the year, I set very vague goals regarding my health and work situation. I haven’t made the progress with either that I would’ve helped. In regards to my health, this is largely in my control. Work is more tricky because it’s so dependent on elements over which I have no command. My plan going forward involves setting more specific health-related plans for each week. Regarding work, I’ve come up with a different plan of attack. While I wait for other things to fall into place, I’m going to be more open to the things I can do where I am now.
What about you? Have you given some thought to the progress you’re making (or not) on your goals? Is there anything you can change or improve to make sure you get there? I’d love for you to share in the comments.